Position of Adverbs
For each sentence, choose the most natural position for the adverb given at the end of the sentence in brackets.
I go to the cinema.
often go to the cinema.
1. I opened and read the letter before they returned. (quickly)
2. I am happy when it is my birthday. (always)
3. My sister gets up at 6am from Monday to Friday as she goes jogging. (often)
4. Have you been to Russia? I have never been. (ever)
5. I'm waiting for Kathryn to arrive. I have been waiting for over twenty minutes! (still)
6. I want to go and speak to that man Carl - I know him. (hardly)
7. No wine for me please. I don't like any alcoholic drinks. (actually)
8. He won't recognise you because he hasn't seen you for ten years. (probably)
9. I could do a crossword that easy! Give it to me. (even)
10. As I saw him take the necklace, the police arrived and arrested him. (just)