Comparative and Superlative Gap Fill - Prague
Read through this text about Prague and decide on the best answer for each blank. There are three possibilities for each one.
Prague is one of the (1)___________ popular tourist destinations in Europe. After all the political changes of the early 1990's, the capital of the Czech Republic began to take advantage of its beautiful cultural and architectural heritage to attract (2)___________ tourists than ever before
Prague is a (3)___________ city than many people imagine and it is (4)___________ easy to move around this wonderful city on foot. Public transport is (5)___________ in Prague than in (6)___________ other European cities but it is often (7)___________ to walk, enabling you to appreciate marvellous buildings you might have missed if you had been sitting on a bus or a tram.
(8)___________ people leave the city of Prague without commenting on the superb food and drink available here. Eating out here is a (9)___________ than it used to be but you can still have a three course meal for around $15 without any problems.
- 1. a. more b. most c. very
- 2. a. bigger b. more c. many
- 3. a. smaller b. more small c. smallest
- 4. a. very b. more c. such
- 5. a. very cheap b. more cheap c. cheaper
- 6. a. every b. most c. more
- 7. a. better b. more good c. most good
- 8. a. few b. much c. little
- 9. a. very cheaper b. little more expensive c. little cheaper