"As" or "Like" Worksheet
For each space, choose either "as" or "like" to complete the sentence.
1. My mother said we couldn't have a snake __AS__ a pet.
2. Don't take everything I say __AS__ an insult. You're so sensitive!
3. The whole evening felt __LIKE__ a dream to me. It was wonderful.
4. I have to keep practicing the guitar. I want to be able to play it __LIKE__ you.
5. John's boss told his to do __AS__ he liked. He was furious with him.
6. I can't stand eating seafood __LIKE__ this. Can we order something else?
7. You're just __LIKE__ your brother. You even have the same color eyes.
8. Though her job title was secretary, she worked more __AS__ a personal assistant and was well paid. (LIKE here would mean "in the manner of" not "in the role of".)