Pre-Intermediate Level >> Vocabulary Worksheets >> A series of multiple choice worksheets to help students in their vocabulary work. Students need to think about the correct word and also why the others are not possible.
Vocabulary Multiple Choice Worksheet.
Deciding between different, similar vocabulary items becomes ever more difficult as students progress through ever higher levels in their English studies. For each question below, choose the best answer from the four possibilities. Think also about why the other three choices are NOT possible.
1. I don't know how we are going to get to the airport. We will have to ____________ for a taxi to come.
2. If you don't like the soup, why don't you ____________ to the waiter and he can bring you another one.
3. If you were a more ____________ person, you would not have left me waiting for you in the rain for an hour.
4. Oh I am so ____________! Let's go and rent a video or something.
b. fed up
5. I don't think Alan is ____________. Sherie is at home with him.
6. His uncle owns four computer companies and lives in a big ____________ out in the country.
7. I am afraid this car doesn't have enough ____________ to get up that hill. We will have to walk up!
8. The company didn't have any ____________ opening shops in Paris and Marseilles so they closed after only three months.
9. The post office? Well, walk ____________ this road for about half a kilometre and it is on your left.
10. Did you hear that Rita and George have ____________? She says it was all his fault.
a. broken up
b. woken up
c. run out
d. given up