Pre-Intermediate Level >> Speaking and Conversation Materials/Discussion Starters >> Students complete the questionnaire to see how busy they are. The teacher can then develop this into a discussion on lifestyle and stress.
Are You A Busy Person?
Answer "yes" or "no" for each question:
1. Did you have time for a relaxing breakfast this morning?
2. Did you read or listen to music before you went to bed yesterday?
3. Do you often say to people, "I don't have the time to do that!"?
4. Do you have long, relaxing baths?
5. Do you start to worry about the day ahead when you wake up?
6. Do you sleep for more than 8 hours?
7. Do you keep an appointment diary?
8. Do you play a musical instrument for pleasure?
9. Do you look at your watch quite often?
10. Do you do sports at least twice a week?
Now add up your score:
For questions 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9: every "Yes" is 2 points.
For questions 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10: every "No" is 2 points.
All other answers are zero points.
- 16-20 points: You are too busy! Calm down and relax! Do some sport and sleep more.
- 12-15 points: You should relax a little more. Maybe think more of yourself and less of work!
- 8-11 points: Your lifestyle seems perfect. You keep yourself busy without getting stressed. Well done!
- 4-7 points: You like to take things easy, don't you? Are you sure you are fulfilling your maximum potential? Is your boss/teacher happy with you?
- 0-3 points: Get out of bed, lazy!! Everyone does the work for you and you just relax!!