Plural and Singular Words
Place these words into the correct box below depending on whether they are always plural or if a singular form exists.
|shorts boots people eyes men scissors expenses clothes billiards degrees mathematics linguistics diabetes glasses feet|
|Always Plural||Singular Form Too|
Now use one of the words, in the correct singular/plural form, to fill each of the blanks in these sentences.
- The room was crowded but not a single ___________ came to help me.
- I don't want a whole bottle of wine. Just give me a ___________.
- He was always interested in numbers when he was young and now he's studying ___________ at university.
- Due to my ___________, I need an insulin shot every day.
- I have to cut this thread. Can you pass me the ___________.
- She graduated from UCLA with a ___________ in genetics.
- I've been limping all week. My left ___________ is really hurting and I'll have to go and see a doctor about it.