"To Be" Past Worksheet
Use the correct form of the verb "to be" in the past for each space.
1. I __WASN'T__ happy with that restaurant last night. The food __WAS__ cold and the waiter __WASN'T__ very friendly.
2. "__WERE__ you with Helen on Saturday?" "No, I __WASN'T__. She __WAS__ on vacation."
3. It __WAS__ a national holiday yesterday so everything __WAS__ closed.
4. The movie __WASN'T__ very good. It __WAS__ really boring.
5. These shoes __WEREN'T__ expensive. They __WERE__ on offer.
6. __WAS__ the package at the post office?
7. The music __WAS__ too loud at the concert. I have a headache today.
8. I _WASN'T___ here last week because I __WAS__ ill.