The History Lesson
Read the sentences and correct those that are wrong. The first has been done for you.
1. JFK died in 1965.
No he didn't. He died in 1963.
2. Christopher Columbus discovered Australia in 1455.
3. Mark Twain wrote King Lear.
4. Elvis Presley sang Heartbreak Hotel in 1956.
5. The Berlin Wall opened in 1979.
6. The United States declared independence in 1876.
7. The Russians sent Sputnik into space in 1957.
8. Two men landed on Mars in 1969.
9. The French had a revolution in 1789.
10. The Wright brothers flew a plane in 1803.