Regular and Irregular Past Simple Gap Fill
Complete each sentence using the verbs in the brackets. Think carefully about regular and irregular verbs!
1. My sister ________ (buy) a beautiful leather jacket yesterday. It was so expensive.
2. Can you tell me if the 6.43 train to Chicago ________ (leave) on time or not?
3. Don't give me that book, I ________ (read) it last year and hated it!
4. Every Sunday when I was a child, the whole family ________ (visit) my grandparents in the country.
5. My wife ________ (watch) a horror movie on TV last night until midnight.
6. I didn't write that letter, Pete. Your brother ________ (write) it.
7. The hotel was great and so quiet too. We ________ (sleep) so well. Today, I feel very relaxed.
8. We hope that you ________ (enjoy) your stay with us. Come again soon!bought left read visited watched wrote slept enjoyed