Past Simple Regular and Irregular Gap Fill
Put the past simple of each verb into the spaces. Some of the verbs are regular and some are irregular.
1. She __WENT__ (go) to the disco alone.
2. The storm __STARTED__ (start) at about ten o'clock.
3. An apple __DROPPED__ (drop) on Newton's head.
4. Mike's ball __ROLLED__ (roll) down the hill and into the river.
5. Jane __GOT__ (get) the best score in the English test.
6. The party __BEGAN__ (begin) at eight o'clock and __FINISHED__ (finish) at midnight.
7. I __SOLD__ (sell) my old red guitar and __BOUGHT__ (buy) a trumpet.
8. We __WALKED__ (walk) along the beach until we __SAW__ (see) the cafe.