Irregular Past Simple Verbs Error Correction Worksheet 1
Read these sentences that all use past simple irregular verbs. Correct those sentences that are wrong.
1. The teacher spoke very loudly and the students were quiet. CORRECT
2. I BOUGHT a small musical box for my brother when I was in Paris.
3. Alaska BECAME a state in 1959.
4. We had a huge turkey dinner on Christmas Day. CORRECT
5. While Janine went shopping, I looked after her baby. CORRECT
6. John HEARD the advert on the radio and went to buy the book immediately.
7. I didn't say you could go out. I SAID that it was too late.
8. Martha BLEW very hard and all the candles on her cake went out.