Can or Could Worksheet
For each of these sentences, choose either can or could. Be careful when deciding if the sentence is positive or negative.
1. I ______ sleep last night. It was so hot!
2. When I was five or six, I ______ do a handstand, but I ______ now.
3. My late grandfather ______ speak French and my father ______ say a few words of Spanish. I ______ speak anything but English.
4. We're having a dinner party next Saturday, but Roger ______ come.
5. When I met Darren last year, he ______ swim. He was terrified of the water. Now he ______ swim like a fish!
6. I ______ finish my lunch today. I just wasn't hungry at all.
7. There are so many different ice creams to choose from. I ______ decide. You choose for me.
8. I ______ find Ben and then I found him in the garden. Now I ______ find him again. He keeps disappearing!