Can or Could Worksheet
For each of these sentences, choose either can or could. Be careful when deciding if the sentence is positive or negative.
1. I __COULDN'T__ sleep last night. It was so hot!
2. When I was five or six, I __COULD__ do a handstand, but I __CAN'T__ now.
3. My late grandfather __COULD__ speak French and my father __CAN__ say a few words of Spanish. I __CAN'T__ speak anything but English.
4. We're having a dinner party next Saturday, but Roger __CAN'T__ come.
5. When I met Darren last year, he __COULDN'T__ swim. He was terrified of the water. Now he __CAN__ swim like a fish!
6. I __COULDN'T__ finish my lunch today. I just wasn't hungry at all.
7. There are so many different ice creams to choose from. I __CAN'T__ decide. You choose for me.
8. I __COULDN'T__ find Ben and then I found him in the garden. Now I __CAN'T__ find him again. He keeps disappearing!