Can / Can't Worksheet
Read each sentence carefully and choose either can or can't for each space to complete the sentence.
1. The baby is ill, so we ______ come to the dinner tomorrow night. Sorry.
2. I ______ speak French, but I ______ ask for someone's name and age.
3. Look, Barry. You ______ see our house from this hill. ______ you see it?
4. Maggie, ______ you speak a little louder. We ______ hear you at the back of the room.
5. Where's my phone? I put it on the table and now I ______ find it!
6. I ______ smell smoke. Is there a fire somewhere?
7. The new manager is Sophie. I ______ believe that! She's terrible.
8. I ______ go jogging on Saturday, Nickie, but we ______ go the next day if you want.