Present Simple or Present Continuous
For each sentence, choose between the present simple and the present continuous. Both can be used to refer to the future.
1. This is a terrible film Tony! When _________________ (finish)?
2. We are all very excited about going away tomorrow. The taxi _________________ (arrive) at 7am to take us to the airport and the plane _________________ (leave) at 10pm.
3. I can't see you tonight Jan. I _________________ (go) to the theatre with Mike and the play _________________ (finish) very late. Sorry!
4. After this lesson, I _________________ (see) a friend at McDonald's for a burger and a chat.
5. _________________ (use) your motorbike tonight? I want to borrow it.
6. I'm going to be late! What time _________________ (this train/arrive) in Chicago?
7. She _________________ (not see) Tim tonight or ever again. They broke up last week.
8. I want to go and see a Rembrandt exhibition at the National and Portrait Gallery. It _________________ (start) tomorrow and _________________ (finish) next Friday.
9. Go to the supermarket and buy that special shampoo for the dog. I _________________ (give) him a bath tonight.
10. The library _________________ (close) in five minutes and I have four books to return before they fine me.