Present Simple or Present Continuous
For each sentence, choose between the present simple and the present continuous. Both can be used to refer to the future.
1. This is a terrible film Tony! When __DOES IT FINISH__ (finish)?
2. We are all very excited about going away tomorrow. The taxi __ARRIVES__ (arrive) at 7am to take us to the airport and the plane __LEAVES__ (leave) at 10pm.
3. I can't see you tonight Jan. I __'M GOING__ (go) to the theatre with Mike and the play __FINISHES__ (finish) very late. Sorry!
4. After this lesson, I __'M SEEING__ (see) a friend at McDonald's for a burger and a chat.
5. __ARE YOU USING__ (use) your motorbike tonight? I want to borrow it.
6. I'm going to be late! What time __DOES THIS TRAIN ARRIVE__ (this train/arrive) in Chicago?
7. She __ISN'T SEEING__ (not see) Tim tonight or ever again. They broke up last week.
8. I want to go and see a Rembrandt exhibition at the National and Portrait Gallery. It __STARTS__ (start) tomorrow and __FINISHES__ (finish) next Friday.
9. Go to the supermarket and buy that special shampoo for the dog. I __'M GIVING__ (give) him a bath tonight.
10. The library __CLOSES__ (close) in five minutes and I have four books to return before they fine me.