Is or Possession Worksheet
Each of these sentences uses an apostrophe. Is it being used to substitute the verb "to be" or to show possession?
1. It's not safe for you to go into the house.
2. Jenny's calling the doctor for her husband.
3. This is Peter's bike.
4. Doctor Grant's first patient looks very ill.
5. There's a large cat looking at me!
6. The lion's tail is very short.
7. Professor Smith's car is blue and he drives it every day to the university.
8. Who's your boss, John? That man or the other one?