Beginners Level >> Worksheets >> All the sentences in this worksheet have spaces which require verbs in the present simple. All the sentences are positive - the students only have to choose the correct verb
Present Simple Worksheet - Positive or Negative?
Each of these sentences uses the present simple - you have to decide if it is positive or negative.
1. I __________ (drink) wine very much. I __________ (prefer) to drink beer.
2. People __________ (use) public transport often in this city. They __________ (drive) everywhere!
3. My ankle __________ (hurt)! I __________ (want) to continue playing tennis.
4. People in the north of Switzerland __________ (speak) German.
5. My sister __________ (sleep) very well in the summer. She __________ (say) it's always far too hot for her.
6. Kenny __________ (live) in Japan and he __________ (teach) English at a school near Tokyo.
7. Those apples __________ (cost) much. I __________ (want) ten, please.
8. My computer __________ (work) properly. What is the problem with it?