Beginners Level >> Worksheets >> Worksheets testing student knowledge of present simple in all forms, wh- interrogative words and third person 's'. Suitable for absolute beginners about two to three months into a course
Elementary Progress Test
1. Correct the following sentences.
No she isn't, she's Italian!
- George Clooney is a sports star.
- The Queen of England lives in Brazil.
- Italy is in South America.
- Adele is a French singer.
- There are forty states in the United States.
- Your teacher smokes in class.
2. Complete the sentences with the correct question word.
- __________ do you live? In London.
- __________ does Dick play billiards? Twice a week.
- __________ is your house from school? About 2 kilometres.
- __________ is Anne crying? Because her cat died today.
- __________ do you travel to school? By bus.
- __________ do they do their homework? On Sunday evenings.
- __________ is your favourite actress? Charlize Theron!
- __________ does Adelmo go to bed? Usually at 11.00pm.
- __________ is the capital of Norway? Oslo, I think!
3. Write sentences about what John does every week using these notes from his diary. E.g. He goes to bed at 1 o'clock on Saturday.
a) Wednesday. 5.00pm. Tennis.
b) Wednesday. 8.30pm. Watch 'Football Special'.
c) Friday. 11.30am. Study English.
d) Friday. 2.00pm. Cook lunch
e) Sunday. 5.00pm. Visit grandmother.