Apostrophes: Is or Has?
In each of these sentences, look at the word with the apostrophe. Is it being used for:
Write either P (possession), is or has in the space after each question.
- There's a calculator in my bag. ______
- She's Swiss. ______
- John's car isn't blue. ______
- He's fifty-four in August. ______
- He's got black hair and a big beard. ______
- The car's new but it doesn't run very well. ______
- Who's that man over there? ______
- She's got glasses but never wears them. ______
- Mary's big brother is at the party. ______
- What's your name? ______