B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 8
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. How long do we have to sit in this police station waiting. It's making me feel very ______________ watching all these criminals walking past.
2. He did a great report on the future of the ship-building industry but I didn't agree with his ______________ at all.
3. I'm afraid Mr. Perkins is ______________ at the moment. He seems to be in a meeting. Is there any message you would like me to pass on to him?
4. People with ______________ have been demanding better access to the local government buildings downtown. They want a wheelchair ramp built and electric sliding doors.
5. I don't speak Spanish very well but I can read it quite ______________.
6. I accepted the job without ______________ when I heard what the wage was!
7. Stop sitting there looking so bored and ______________. Get up and find something to do! I don't want you sitting around the house like this all summer.
8. Yesterday, the government announced a $10 million increase in the town's budget to try and tackle the ______________ problem that exists.