B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 7
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. There will be a special ______________ meeting tomorrow morning at 9a.m which everyone has to attend.
2. The modernisation of the factory ______________ ______________ but unfortunately, many people lost their jobs.
3. All students must take English and Mathematics. Then they must choose two other courses, but the course in International Relations is ______________.
4. It is my dream to work in the ship-building industry but unfortunately, there is so much ______________ around that I may have to alter my ambitions.
5. Too much of the food we eat nowadays is full of chemicals and other ______________.
6. Come to my house tomorrow, ______________ as early as possible.
7. I do like your new friend Jasper. He tells the funniest jokes and seems to be a very ______________ young man.
8. He has just asked me for money again. That's the ______________ time and he doesn't seem to understand the word "no"!