B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 5
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. I was just trying to be ______________ towards him and he accused me of wanting his money!
2. The south-west of England, for example Devon and Cornwall, is known as the ______________ part of the United Kingdom.
3. What you may think is ______________ is really just over-enthusiasm. He would never harm anyone.
4. Anyone being rude and ______________ to our staff will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
5. Men have more of a ______________ to put weight on around the waist and stomach areas and this is something they should be aware of.
6. Three weeks after winning the lottery, Daniel Perkins had the ______________ to lose a court case in which he was being sued for nearly $2million.
7. The pharmaceutical company's ______________ have discovered a better way of combining medicines to create a flu remedy.
8. The babies were put up for ______________ when their mother was jailed for her part in the murder.