B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 31
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The doctor said his fall had been caused by ______________ in his back.
2. A good education can ______________ a person's life in many ways.
3. The waterfall flowed ______________ down the mountainside, creating a serene atmosphere.
4. The antique expert was brought in to ______________ the collection of rare coins.
5. The ______________ nature of the event made it an unforgettable experience.
6. The injured hiker felt ______________ without a way to call for help.
7. The city's ______________ led to the construction of new infrastructure and public spaces.
8. He made a hasty decision, acting ______________ without considering the consequences.