B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 30
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The volunteer offered ______________ suggestions to the elderly person struggling with their groceries.
2. The citizens caused a ______________ against the oppressive regime.
3. The new lamp will ______________ the room and make it more inviting.
4. His health began to ______________ after he stopped taking his medication.
5. The hikers were ______________ of the impending storm and continued their journey.
6. The scientific expedition was focused on the ______________ of the deep sea ecosystem.
7. This safety equipment, by ______________, is made to be very durable.
8. ______________, the train will be delayed due to a technical problem.