B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 29
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. I'll see you ______________ at the party tonight.
2. Van Gogh is a renowned ______________ painter, known for his unique style and use of colour.
3. She decided to ______________ her grandmother with the family jewellery.
4. The roller coaster ride filled her with a thrilling sense of ______________.
5. The book was written ______________ and presented a fresh perspective on the topic.
6. The CEO's delay and ______________ during the crisis led to a decline in the company's stock value.
7. The long, cold winters often led to feelings of ______________ for those living in remote areas.
8. The motivational ______________ delivered an inspiring talk at the conference.