B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 28
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The fish was still ______________, moving around in the fisherman's hands.
2. The funny movie provided an evening of laughter and ______________.
3. The new policy led to the politician's ______________ among his constituents.
4. She was ______________ surprised by the party her friends had organised.
5. The powerful tool was designed for good, but it could be ______________ in the wrong hands.
6. She always provides helpful ______________ to her friends when they need guidance.
7. It was an ______________ mistake, given the complexity of the situation.
8. The business operated ______________, minimising costs and maximising profits.