B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 27
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The team worked tirelessly for months, and their efforts led to a ______________ project launch.
2. The ______________ event brought the whole community together for a great cause.
3. The policy focused on ______________ security and defence.
4. Their decision to help was aided by a large crowd of ______________ who cleaned up after the storm.
5. Her active ______________ in the community earned her recognition and respect.
6. The ______________ practised diligently, hoping to improve their speed and technique.
7. The team's ______________ was celebrated with a parade through the city.
8. The museum hired an additional ______________ to guide visitors through the exhibits.