B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 26
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. There was a big ______________ between the two brothers, and they fought for years.
2. Her ______________ attitude inspired everyone around her during difficult times.
3. The ______________ of the lead actor in the play was truly outstanding.
4. The ______________ of the river made it difficult for the team to cross it without a boat.
5. The view from the mountaintop was absolutely ______________ and breathtaking.
6. After much deliberation, the committee finally made a ______________ to accept the proposal.
7. The staff at the hotel were very ______________ and made our stay enjoyable.
8. Climbing the mountain without proper gear was considered too ______________ for the inexperienced hikers.