B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 25
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. It is ______________ that she could finish the entire marathon without any training.
2. The experiment was carried out ______________ to maintain the integrity of the data.
3. The business venture ended in ______________, as the company was unable to turn a profit.
4. The handwriting on the ancient manuscript was almost ______________.
5. The discovery had ______________ implications for the field of research.
6. The ______________ form was difficult was her to understand, but she had to fill it out.
7. This guarantee will ______________ that your package arrives on time.
8. His rude behaviour would often ______________ his colleagues.