B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 24
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The rude waiter's attitude caused great ______________ among the diners.
2. His constant ______________ towards the staff left a negative impression on his friends.
3. The conference offered a ______________ of topics, catering to diverse interests.
4. After much deliberation, she finally made a ______________ to pursue her dream career.
5. The party was ______________ with people dancing and enjoying themselves.
6. The defendant maintained his ______________ throughout the trial.
7. The symbol ______________ hope and resilience in difficult times.
8. To save time, they decided to ______________ their daily routine by eliminating non-essential tasks.