B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 23
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The laboratory's incredible research was ______________ praised by the scientific community.
2. The couple decided to remain ______________ and focus on their careers.
3. The ______________ poison caused the rapid demise of the villain in the story.
4. The skilled ______________ created an app that simplified complex tasks.
5. The campaign aimed to ______________ the benefits of a healthy diet to the general public.
6. The company's attempt to break into the foreign market unfortunately proved ______________.
7. The news of the scandal was ______________ to the public.
8. The team's ______________ attitude led to their early elimination from the tournament.