B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Word Formation Worksheet 22
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The team members began to ______________ about the best approach to the project.
2. The organisation provides financial support to people facing ______________.
3. His ______________ appearance shocked everyone at the meeting.
4. The tennis player finally claimed the ______________ title after years of hard work.
5. The graffiti on the wall seemed ______________ and random.
6. The family was ______________ to win the lottery, which changed their lives forever.
7. The ancient castle had strong walls for its ______________ against invaders.
8. The family decided to ______________ in order to save money for a vacation.