B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 21
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. I've been ______________ for over a year now. I've had about 15 interviews but nobody seems to want to give me a job.
2. My favorite subject at school was ______________, although I was probably best at French.
3. I'd like to know the ______________ explanation for why it's foggy near the coasts.
4. How could you consider her a ______________ when she won three matches for us last year?
5. I want to work in either planning or ______________ when I graduate.
6. ______________, she likes to be left alone so it's best to let her be.
7. The manager made several ______________ demands of his workforce and they eventually went on strike.
8. We got rid of our old ______________ and bought a computer with a word processor.