B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 18
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The ______________ Charles Egbert will be signing books in the main book store at 4pm.
2. Once the business is ______________ next year, we'll save a lot of money.
3. This glue is too strong, it's hard to ______________ the two pieces.
4. She's so caring and ______________ that she should be a nurse.
5. There were long waits at the airport as the new ______________ procedures were introduced.
6. You can accuse me of anything but ______________. I've always supported you!