B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 18 - Answer Sheet
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The __WRITER__ Charles Egbert will be signing books in the main book store at 4pm.
2. Once the business is __COMPUTERIZED__ next year, we'll save a lot of money.
3. This glue is too strong, it's hard to __UNSTICK__ the two pieces.
4. She's so caring and __MOTHERLY__ that she should be a nurse.
5. There were long waits at the airport as the new __SCREENING__ procedures were introduced.
6. You can accuse me of anything but __DISLOYALTY__. I've always supported you!