B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 17
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. If you wanted to make more money, you could always decide to hold the festival twice ______________ instead of just the once.
2. I was the only ______________ to finish both parts of the race, so obviously I was declared the ______________.
3. It's your ______________ what we watch on TV tonight. I chose that terrible movie last night - I wish I hadn't now!
4. The cost of sending the article is the responsibility of the ______________, not the buyer. Any disputes should be referred to the management.
5. The increase in the ______________ of the main street will mean better parking facilities but pedestrians will have a narrower sidewalk.
6. ______________ are advised to stay in their vehicles even if traffic is stationary.