B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 16 - Answer Sheet
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. It took a lot of __STRENGTH__ and courage to continue climbing when the weather deteriorated and we finally reached the summit at sunset. What a __TIRING__ day it was!
2. The tunnel under the river is near __COMPLETION__ now and should be open before next summer.
3. __DRIVERS__ are advised to stay in their vehicles even if traffic is stationary.
4. It's your __CHOICE__ what we watch on TV tonight. I chose that terrible movie last night - I wish I hadn't now!
5. The cost of sending the article is the responsibility of the __SELLER__, not the buyer. Any disputes should be referred to the management.
6. If you wanted to make more money, you could always decide to hold the festival twice __ANNUALLY__ instead of just the once.
7. I was the only __COMPETITOR__ to finish both parts of the race, so obviously I was declared the __WINNER__.
8. He walked towards the car __PURPOSEFULLY__, opened the door and got in. The watching police kept their distance and waited patiently for Jenkins to make the next move.