B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 13
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. I went to the doctor as I was very concerned about a small red ______________ on my hand but he said it was nothing to worry about at all.
2. She wasn't an ______________ girl at school but she didn't have too many friends.
3. The ______________ of Mt. Everest is increasing by a few centimeters every year due to ______________ changes.
4. The best thing about the apartment is its ______________ location, very close to all the stores and amenities you will ever need.
5. When she saw the mess we had made of the room, she looked very ______________.
6. That's the last time I'm going to wait for a bus. The service is so ______________. It's better to walk!
7. Greg wrote a strong letter of ______________ to that hotel that treated him so poorly last year. He wants his money back.
8. These experiments were carried out with ______________ levels of success before being abandoned due to their unreliability.