B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 13 - Answer Sheet
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. I went to the doctor as I was very concerned about a small red __GROWTH__ on my hand but he said it was nothing to worry about at all.
2. She wasn't an __UNPOPULAR__ girl at school but she didn't have too many friends.
3. The __HEIGHT__ of Mt. Everest is increasing by a few centimeters every year due to __GEOLOGICAL__ changes.
4. The best thing about the apartment is its __CENTRAL__ location, very close to all the stores and amenities you will ever need.
5. When she saw the mess we had made of the room, she looked very __UNIMPRESSED__.
6. That's the last time I'm going to wait for a bus. The service is so __UNRELIABLE__. It's better to walk!
7. Greg wrote a strong letter of __COMPLAINT__ to that hotel that treated him so poorly last year. He wants his money back.
8. These experiments were carried out with __VARYING__ levels of success before being abandoned due to their unreliability.