B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 11 - Answer Sheet
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. There are __VARIOUS__ ways you can reach the conference hall, but the tram service in this city is excellent and is probably your best option.
2. You have to go in there and __ENERGISE__ them! Without your encouragement and enthusiasm, I don't know what we would do.
3. We are sorry to say that there hasn't been much __IMPROVEMENT__ in your grandmother's condition.
4. It's not __IMPOSSIBLE__ to do a degree course in only two years, but you would need to work very hard.
5. Your friend was a __DELIGHTFUL__ host last night. I can't wait to meet her again.
6. You're not wearing those shoes for the trek today. They are totally __UNSUITABLE__. Go and put some boots on.
7. That was one of the most uncomfortable __FLIGHTS__ I have ever been on. The turbulence was awful.
8. This letter is full of __MISSPELLINGS__. Can you type it again please?