B2 First (FCE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is word formation where students use a root such as 'able' and create an appropriate word (disable, unable, ability) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Vocabulary Formation Worksheet 1
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. The Sultan spent over fifty million dollars making the capital city's main hotel the most ______________ in the country.
2. Police working on solving the bank robbery have by chance ______________ a plan to murder a leading politician.
3. We should go and eat at "Franco's" which is ______________ a great little restaurant.
4. I left the house at 8am and stared at the empty garage in ______________. My car was nowhere to be seen. Someone had stolen it!
5. If you have any problems finding things, just ask Roger. He is very ______________ and will tell you where to find what you want.
6. You paid $25 for a simple breakfast?! They have certainly ______________ you! You should go back and complain.
7. The gang robbed three banks in the same city and all at about the same time. Not ______________, they were caught by the police during the fourth attempt.
8. Sarina is only my half sister because we have ______________ mothers.