B2 First (FCE) >> Gapped Text Reading Worksheets >> The second part of the B2 First Reading section is gapped text - a single page of text with some numbered gaps which represent missing sentences. After the text there are some sentences which are not in the right order. Students have to read the text and the sentences and decide which sentence best fits each gap. This is a short article, Wild Horse Species 'In Peril'.
Gapped Text Reading 9
In the following text, six sentences or parts of sentences have been removed. Below the extract you will find the six removed sentences PLUS one sentence which doesn't fit. Choose from the sentences (A-G) the one which fits each gap (1-6). Remember, there is one extra sentence you do not need to use.
Wild Horse Species 'In Peril'
- It summarises current knowledge on their biology, ecology and conservation status.
- These habitats are not rich in biodiversity, but do contain unique and endemic animals and plants.
- The benefit to wildlife of involving local pastoralists in conservation management is likely to be significant.
- Possible causes include hunting, military activities, and increasing land use pressure.
- That autumn the first recorded birth occurred of a Przewalski's horse in Mongolia since their extinction in the wild.
- This could eventually lead to the loss of genetic diversity.