B2 First (FCE) >> Gapped Text Reading Worksheets >> The second part of the B2 First Reading section is gapped text - a single page of text with some numbered gaps which represent missing sentences. After the text there are some sentences which are not in the right order. Students have to read the text and the sentences and decide which sentence best fits each gap. This is a short article, The Golden Gate Bridge.
Gapped Text Reading 8
In the following text, five sentences or parts of sentences have been removed. Below the extract you will find the five removed sentences PLUS one sentence which doesn't fit. Choose from the sentences (A-F) the one which fits each gap (1-5). Remember, there is one extra sentence you do not need to use.
The Golden Gate Bridge
- It is also one of the most visited places in the world.
- It was named for the body of water that it crosses, the Golden Gate Strait.
- People living in the area needed another way to get to the city besides the small ferry boats.
- Still, this was a new safety record for the time.
- That is when the Verrazano Narrows Bridge opened in New York City.