B2 First (FCE) >> Gapped Text Reading Worksheets >> The second part of the B2 First Reading section is gapped text - a single page of text with some numbered gaps which represent missing sentences. After the text there are some sentences which are not in the right order. Students have to read the text and the sentences and decide which sentence best fits each gap. This is a short article, Arctic Warming.
Gapped Text Reading 6
In the following text, five sentences or parts of sentences have been removed. Below the extract you will find the five removed sentences PLUS one sentence which doesn't fit. Choose from the sentences (A-F) the one which fits each gap (1-5). Remember, there is one extra sentence you do not need to use.
- It also says computer programs estimate an additional increase of four to seven degrees Celsius during the next century.
- Its members include the United States and the seven other countries with territory in the Arctic.
- He says climate changes will have a major effect on the Arctic. Polar bears and some kinds of seals may disappear.
- This could cause sea levels to rise around the world.
- The melting is likely to permit increased exploration for oil and gas.