B2 First (FCE) >> Gapped Text Reading Worksheets >> The second part of the B2 First Reading section is gapped text - a single page of text with some numbered gaps which represent missing sentences. After the text there are some sentences which are not in the right order. Students have to read the text and the sentences and decide which sentence best fits each gap. This is a short article, Choosing House Plants.
Gapped Text Reading 10
In the following text, five sentences or parts of sentences have been removed. Below the extract you will find the five removed sentences PLUS one sentence which doesn't fit. Choose from the sentences (A-F) the one which fits each gap (1-5). Remember, there is one extra sentence you do not need to use.
Choosing House Plants
- They can be moved around to alter the background completely.
- This is one reason that so many popular house plants are green, for this color blends so well with all other colors.
- Later, choice widens with experience; skillful amateurs can deal with almost any plant, no matter how delicate.
- Temperatures are mainly a winter problem.
- Some plants do, however, prefer a dry atmosphere.