B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 9
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. You can come to the party if you want, ___________ you are not expected to come.
2. I can't make ___________ my mind. Should I buy the red or the blue dress?
3. Why didn't I choose the blue dress? Look, Connie is wearing exactly the ___________ color!
4. It wasn't ___________ 1930 that the ninth planet Pluto was discovered.
5. The company will hold interviews next week in an ___________ to fill the position of Overseas Sales Manager.
6. Landing ___________ Miami airport for the first time, the first thing you notice is how lush the surrounding vegetation is.
7. ___________ it's true your performance in the job has been great, you still have to work hard to improve your punctuality.
8. Do you remember that colleague of mine ___________ wife divorced him last year?