B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 8 - Answer Sheet
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. That film is supposed to __BE__ very interesting. Shall we go and see it?
2. How could you walk out of the shop __WITHOUT__ paying? That's stealing!
3. She learnt to speak French so well __BY__ going to Marseilles and living there for four years.
4. The doctor has not only stopped me from drinking milk but also other dairy products __SUCH__ as cheese and yoghurt.
5. My husband's wage alone isn't enough for us to get __BY__, so I work part-time in a local store.
6. The children were saved when they built a huge fire that could be __SEEN__ for many miles.
7. The final exam will be about the invention of the radio and the basic principles of __HOW__ it works.
8. We chose that name for her more __FOR__ its sound than anything else. I didn't know it was French.