B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 6
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. We got to the shop as early as possible but someone ___________ obviously arrived there before us. The last copy of the book was gone!
2. What a gorgeous apartment you live in, Cathy! You have very original taste ___________ furniture.
3. My husband and I just got back from a week in that mountain spa you recommended. It ___________ us the world of good!
4. The company is very profitable even though it was only set ___________ three years ago.
5. All passengers in a car ___________ to wear seat-belts in the UK.
6. We don't know yet how successful the company will be this year. A lot depends ___________ how our sales go in Asia.
7. If you see Mr. Gordon, can you tell ___________ we need to speak as soon as possible.
8. It was an awful experience having to talk in front of the whole school ___________ such a long time.