B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 5
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. She ___________ stand it when people talk down to her. She says she hates people feeling superior.
2. I think your brother is very arrogant. He doesn't like me ___________ either!
3. Don't forget to turn out all the lights when you leave and ___________ sure the burglar alarm is switched on. Remember I showed you ___________ to do it.
4. The church may look very old but ___________ actually built only 25 years ago.
5. "You ___________ walk any more than absolutely necessary on that leg", the doctor told him.
6. Your cousin Sammy first met me on August 5th last year, ___________ was a very hot day as I remember.
7. When fingerprints were first discovered, it was believed that ___________ two people had the same ones.
8. Have you chosen a name ___________ your two dogs yet?